Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pet Peeve...

I'm sure that most, if not every single one of us, has a list of pet peeves. Im not going to go down my ever extensive list of things that irritate me beyond belief. But there is one pet peeve in particular that I would like to talk about. That pet peeve is hindrance.

Since I've been up here, I've been pretty much doing nothing but looking for work and helping out my cousin with his Laundry Mat. Now, the entire time that I've been up here helping him out, it continually seems that he finds ways to hinder me in what I am trying to do. When I had interviews, he made it seem like he had no interest in helping me make it to them. When I had appointments to go look at appartments, he found a way to NOT go anywhere near Bridgeport. But out off all the things that he's done that seem a little more than fishy to me was when I found out that he had given me the wrong house number. Now your thinking why that could possibly be a problem. Well let's connect the dots. I'm looking for a job in a state I don't live in, which means I'm currently not working. Since I'm ccurrently not working, I have no income in which to pay bills. If I can't pay bills, I can't have a cell phone for people to call me on or to list as my contact number on applications and cover letters, etc. Now do you understand where my dilema is?!

For the last three weeks, I've been sending out massive amounts of applications and cover letters looking for work. The whole time I'm wondering how is it that I haven't gotten a phone call from ONE company about my applications?! Most of these jobs an idiot with a GED could preform so I know that I'm more than qualified for them. What confused me the most is that I repeated the number that he originally gave me back to him on several different occasions to make sure it was right. It wasn't until I asked him in front of his wife that SHE gave me the right number! And of course, he denied ever giving me the wrong number, which only lead to me being UBER pissed off.

Maybe I'm over reacting, maybe I'm reading between the lines and seeing something that isn't there. But things just seemed od and out of place to me. I just don't see why you would go out of your way to keep someone from making moves to improve their life! It just dosen't add up to me. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment