Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Let's Strike a Deal

I don't know about the rest of you, but I love a good deal. If I can find something I want or need at a discount I'm all for it. But when do you draw the line and spend the extra buck on something? Is a cheap deal always the best deal?...

Don't get me wrong, I'm no cheap scape by any means (quite the opposite). But the majority of the time I would rather not have to spend too much in something if I don't have to. For example, earlier today I was online looking for my book for my Database class and I don't know about you but school books are NOT cheap and if I can get it for less I will jump on it. The book is typically around $175+ depending on where you get it. I happened to find it online for $28 BRAND NEW!! Why would I pass that up? Now on the other hand, I was watching House of Payne where Curtis (aka Pops) needed to make repairs on the house because of a cracked foundation and decided to find some cheap labor to do the work. The guy he originally hired didn't do the job properly and what was originally a $5000 job jumped to $15000 and ultimately costing $87000.

So the question I'm asking is: when do you draw the line in being cheap, and do you truly "get what you pay for"?

In my personal opinion, when it comes to small items such as clothes, personal items and everyday expenses, if you can get it for less then why not? But when it comes to items that affect your health, safety and life in general, there is no room for being cheap and sacrificing quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment