Friday, January 21, 2011

Reckless Thought of the Day 1/21/11

Everyday, we wake up and are given the opportunity to make up for anything that did or did not transpire the day before. In essence, we wake up with a clean slate. It is your choice whether or not you will carry your prior faults and grudges into the new day.

This is how I feel every day when I wake up. It is ultimately the reason why I am such a relaxed person and why very little ever actually gets to me. As a wise man once said; We are the masters of our own destiny! Outside forces can only control what we allow them to. When we let others control what we do, we inevitably give them control of our actions. This is signified perfectly by the Above The Influence commercial where everyone at the part is being controlled like puppets.



Most of will tell ourselves that we are nobody's "bitch," yet how many times have you let someone influence your decisions, change your mood, change your outlook on life? Can you really claim that statement if you wake up every morning feeling some type of way about something that transpired the day before and has no direct influence on your day to day activities?....

So when you wake up in the morning, today, tomorrow or the next day, think to yourself; "What can I do today that I didn't do yesterday? What happened yesterday that I don't want to carry on into this new day?" Like Jay-Z said "dust that dirt of your shoulders," move forward with your life and truly make it a new day. A day of new beginnings, new adventures and a new outlook. Grab hold of the day and make it yours. Take back control of your surroundings!

2 comments:

  1. I beleive we do allow others to influence our mood, decisions, etc. Yet we should find the beneficial aspects of the effects of it. We should not dwell on the negative aspects because it could lead to a domino affect that you do not need. K-I-M (keep it movin')
    Find things that will benefit your life and well being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you 100%. K.I.M On to the next one! No sense in dwelling on the past

    ReplyDelete