Friday, January 14, 2011

Behind the Name

I guess I should start off my saying that my birth certificate reads Remus Turnier. I think it's important to let some of you know that before I go into telling you how I got my nicknames.
Growing up, everyone simply called me by my government name and I was fine with that. The only people that called me anything different was my family. That name was Rem. It wasn't until middle school that I started to dislike people calling me by my government name. It was in eighth grade to be exact. Everyone had started coming up with nicknames for each other as a game. It was cool, we came up with some pretty good ones, until Jimmy decided it was my turn to get a nickname. What was that name... Remus The Penis.... Obviously I did not take kindly to the nickname but I didn't know what else to have people call me. It wasn't until one day I was hanging out with Ashley Mobley smoking a black and mild at her back door that it clicked. As I said goodbye that day, she responded "See you later Rem." I looked at her awkwardly and asked her to repeat what she had just said. You might be wondering why. It was simply because I had never heard anyone outside of my family call me by that name so it kind of took me by surprise. But from that day forward, I began introducing myself as Rem to everyone and it took hold.

But thats not the name you came here to find out about. The name you're probably wondering how I got is the title of Mr. Reckless, right? Well, it's actually a fairly simple story. For those of you who have hung around me, you know that I tend to get a little loose, act out a little, pretty much be the party. This was especially true during the Christmas and New Years season of 2009-2010. That year I came up to CT to be with the family as usual. For those two weeks, when we partied... WE PARTIED!! And you know I had to be the one wil'in out. When the holidays were over, pictures of all the madness that had taken place started surfacing. And it goes without saying that there were quite a few pictures of yours truly, doing what I do best. But it was this picture in particular that set it off. 

When this picture surfaced the comment was made by Cynthia (red shirt) " Yes Loose!!! We need to find a new term because that doesn't describe us anymore." And I promptly responded "I'm tellin yall!! The word is reckless!! It surpasses looseness by leaps n bounds! Lol" And from that day forward, I inherited the name Mr. Reckless!
So there you have it! Thats how I got my names 

No comments:

Post a Comment